On 1 July 2016, a new SOL will be introduced with a number of changes to the occupations. If you intend to apply on or after 1 July 2016 for an Independent or Family Sponsored Points Tested visa or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) – Graduate Work Stream visa, you need to make sure your occupation is listed on the new SOL. If you have lodged a valid application before 1 July 2016, your application will not be affected by these changes.
Occupations being added to the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
Occupations being removed from the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).