What is a Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)?
This is a permanent visa in the business skills space which allows interested applicants to establish a new business or expand an existing business in Australia. Certain foreign-national entrepreneurs may be eligible for a Subclass 132 visa. This visa requires the applicant to have a minimum net business, personal assets and annual business turnover, or a minimum in venture capital funding. An applicant must also be nominated to apply by an Australian state or territory government agency.
Benefits of a Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)
The Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132) offers all the benefits of Australian permanent residence for you and your family.
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely
- Opportunity to study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
- Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship (when eligible)
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel in and out of Australia unrestricted
How to apply for a Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)?
Stage 1: Check if you meet the all the visa requirements
Applicants must meet both the general requirements of the Subclass 132 visa AND the specific requirements of the stream chosen. The Subclass 132 visa allows applicants to apply under two alternate streams:
- Significant Business Stream for high-calibre business owners or partial owners who want to expand business to Australia
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream for individuals who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL)
Stage 2: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited through SkillSelect to apply
Before an applicant can submit an application for the Subclass 132 visa, he/she must be nominated to apply for the visa by a state or territory government. Submitting an EOI allows these governments to examine relevant business claims and decide whether or not to nominate .
If nominated, the applicant will be invited to apply for the Subclass 132 visa through Skillselect. Once an invitation is received, applicants only have 60 days to apply for the visa online .
Information about business and employment in various states and territories is available:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Stage 3: Prepare documentation
The Subclass 132 Visa requires applicants to submit relevant documents with the application, in order to prove the claims made.
Stage 4: Lodge Application Online
The Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132) visa requires applicants to apply online.
Stage 5: Wait for a decision
DHA processing is not published due to low numbers but no less than 6 months is recommended for planning purposes.
for all enquiries please Contact us